[Wiki Loves Monuments] acute problems with the WLX jury tool during WLE-2016

Lily lilyofthewest.wikimedia at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 14:22:35 UTC 2016

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We will review your comments in the
WLM international team and will get back to you by 2016-08-03. In terms of
the timelines, there is a general understanding in the team that we'd like
to have a fully functional jury tool before WLM kicks off on Sep. 1.
Otherwise, we will have many sleepless nights and create many more of those
for others. It's our high priority to avoid that. :)

Best,
Leila, on behalf of WLM international team

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 6:55 AM, Alexander Tsirlin <altsirlin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We had very bad experience with using the WLX jury tool this year. I
> described it at length here:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:WLX_Jury_Tool
>
> Several possible solutions are also mentioned on that page. I would like
> to hear your opinion about this situation. Could anyone help Ilya with
> developing and maintaining the jury tool, and make sure that it works at it
> should work?
>
> If we are planning to meet a very sharp deadline of October 25 for WLM
> photos, the jury tool should work absolutely smoothly, and user support has
> to be very prompt. Or it would be good to know already now that we can't
> rely on the jury tool, and alternative solutions should be searched for.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander

User: LilyOfTheWest