[Wiki Loves Monuments] [Wikimedia-l] Wiki Loves Monuments in Italy largely blocked by WMF fundraising

Nicu Buculei nicubunu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 09:49:19 UTC 2015

On 8/19/15, Andrea Zanni wrote:

> This year the conflict is on the whole month of September, and WLM in Italy
> will definitely suffer (as it does also in normal conditions ;-).
> This is a pity because:
> * FR decided to use September months ago, and they are now in a rush and
> cannot really change their plans
> * WMIT decided to run WLM on September months ago as well, as it has done
> for the past 4 years. WMIT also declared his plans on WLM in the FDC
> appplication, reviewed in May. Knowing also that last year there was the
> same issue, it's fair to say, I hope, that from WMIT part there was no lack
> of communication.

Correction: WMIT didn't decide to run WLM on September, they run it in
September because it runs *worldwide* in September. There's no other
time period when it can happen.
In an ideal world, FR would have made the simple check to learn if
there is something else happening in their desired time slot. Even if
WLMIT would not happen this year, the FR banner would hurt WLM,
because people from IT can participate to WLM in different other
countries.

--
nicu :: http://photoblog.nicubunu.ro/