[Wiki Loves Monuments] Tech question: 2 WLM templates of different country contests on same file

Maarten Dammers maarten at mdammers.nl
Mon Sep 16 16:36:26 UTC 2013

Hi Aleksey,

Op 16-9-2013 16:35, Aleksey Chalabyan schreef:
> Dear all, and especially those who provide us with tools for running
> WLM contest.
>
> If on same page we have 2 templates, from different country contest,
> with different ID, do you think scripts/bot may run into issue?
>
> Will those tools successfully process both of templates, assign
> necessary categories, show up correctly in counters, voting tools, etc?
For the tools under
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Monuments_database it's no
problem, moving templates on the other hand, does break the bot. I just
reverted the move of
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Cultural_Heritage_Armenia

It looks like the people from Armenia and Azerbaijan are removing
templates (already dubbed the lamest edit war ever on the admin's
noticeboard). I'll issue this warning to get this over with: Any user
caught removing templates Armenia and/or Azerbaijan will get blocked.

Maarten