[Wiki Loves Monuments] Autofill during upload

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Thu Sep 5 06:39:17 UTC 2013

On 04.09.2013 17:54, Maarten Dammers wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> Op 4-9-2013 11:08, Lars Jynge Alvik schreef:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I was wondering if there are any plans to implement autotagging of
>> location/coordinates when uploading using the upload wizard.
> That's already happening. If list templates contain lat/lon and the
> link to the upload wizard is properly configured, than the lat/lon
> will be added. You can pass anything you want to the upload wizard:
> id, name, filename, lat, lon, categories, did I forget anything?
>
> Maarten

Hi Maarten,

I am not sure whether this works for Russian uploads but if yes I would
strongly suggest to disable this feature: The coordinates found in the
"lists" on the Russian Wikipedia are not the coordinates of the
monuments, but the coordinates of centers of some towns (sometimes not
connected to the monument in any way).

Cheers
Yaroslav