[Wiki Loves Monuments] Checklist for the end of submissions? Misc

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:51:33 UTC 2012

On 27/09/12 17:12, Strainu wrote:
> 2012/9/27 Peter Ekman <pdekman at gmail.com>:
>> Does anybody have a checklist for people to do at the end of the
>> contest (i.e. Sept 30- Oct 1)?
>>
>> The only things I can think of are
>> 1. Make sure the uploading system (buttons, etc.) no longer work
>
> Actually, I think it's better to let the upload working, just making
> sure that the files are not added to the contest category. I think
> this has been taken care by Tomasz. This way you won't loose images
> from people who are a few minutes late (or that want to upload during
> the year, for that matter).
>
> Strainu

Most upload campaigns (if not all) use the WLM-is-running template, so
they will automatically stop adding {{Wiki Loves Monuments 2012}} at the
closing date.
Change to the sitenotice and campaign headers (to the thank you message)
need manual action.
As Strainu points out, we don't want to disable the upload campaigns at all.

> Just a reminder, I'd like the US submissions to stop at 6:01 a.m. EDT,
> October 1 (12:01 a.m. Hawaiian Standard Time)
> I think I can remove the buttons from the lists at that time.

It is programmed to stop at 2012-10-01 10:00:59 UTC.
 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012/Checklist

> Maybe change the banners to a "Today's the final day for Wiki Loves Monuments" on Sunday?

+1 That "you're out of time" signal will boost some late uploaders.
We should prepare the phrase and start translating it right now.