[Wiki Loves Monuments] When to Flickr Import

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:37:51 UTC 2012

2012/9/27 David Narvaez <david.narvaez at computer.org>:

> We have a rather large amount of photos participating in the contest
> that are in Flickr and I was wondering when is it good to import them
> into Commons. I was thinking maybe Oct 1st, and filtering by upload
> time, so to avoid leaving photos behind. How does that affect the
> overall count etc? How are other organizers dealing with the Flickr
> import?

We (Romania) are importing the pictures as we speak, since we went for
a semi-manual approach that means cleaning up the description and
categories. This takes a lot of time (I'm doing at the very most 50
images in 2.5-3h every night) and we wouldn't be able to handle the
deadlines any other way.

On the other hand, if you have people with lots of spare time that can
do the import after Oct 1st, it is perhaps a better solution.

Strainu