[Wiki Loves Monuments] When to Flickr Import

Joan Creus joan.creus.c at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:13:45 UTC 2012

Us at the Catalan Countries use a Python script I created which basically
does everything automatically (JoRobot). We run it, like, one time a day so
nothing accumulates at the end of the month (like last year; it was a mess).

It fetches a list of photographs @ the flickr group, filters those already
uploaded (this year or last year), checks license & other stuff, checks for
a tag named ID= which contains the monument ID and with that it queries the
monuments DB.

The file is uploaded with the data fetched via pywikipedia.

I think it's better to upload periodically instead of leaving it for the
end of the month. It ends up being a mess. On the other hand, I would also
recommend using the approach above; maybe it's too late for this time, but
it makes the job easier and more efficient.

Joan Creus.