[Wiki Loves Monuments] images categories at Commons

Tomasz W. Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 00:56:58 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,
I have seen the topic of quality judgement of the WLM pictures being
brought up in several places (at the Featured Pictures Candidates page
on Commons, for instance), so just wanted to make it clear.

Obviously the jury members /could/ potentially notice that some of the
images are marked with some templates on Commons (if they ever have a
look there, that is), but I wouldn't call it a real danger for the
neutrality of their choices. Besides, there is no way that we could
control and influence the usual procedures of such a big community
like that of Commons, so we have to live with whatever they do.

As for the GLAM category, it is intended to gather pictures of GLAM
/buildings/ (both inside and outside), and not of the objects that are
located inside them. So if the picture shows only an object and not
the insides of the building (walls, ceilings, etc.), it should not
belong to that category.

Tomasz