[Wiki Loves Monuments] ErfgoedBot/MultichillBot latest actions

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Sep 7 15:57:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 18:43:57 +0300, Strainu wrote:
> Hi Maarten,
>
> Can you please explain the latest actions of your bots? I'm talking
> about the ones labeled:
> * "Adding template Monument istorice based on usage in list" - I
> think
> I know what this is, but the run seems to be incomplete so I would
> like a more detailed explanation
> * "Robot: Automated text replacement (-^(.+)$
> +\1\nCategory:Historical
> monuments in Bucharest)" - that is not at all clear to me;
>
> Both seem to be happening to other countries as well.
>
> Thanks,
>   Strainu

I think the first one I know. If a photo is used in the list but does
not the Monument istorice template, the bot goes to Commons and inserts
the template to the file (the template has the number which is used in
the list; no other files get the template even if they are identical).
It often helps to identify pictures which are used in the lists in one
Wikipedia but not in the other. For Romanian lists, if they only exist
in Romanian Wikipedia, this is not expected to have an impact (but will
help if you ever translate the lists and use them in another project).

For the second one, I have no idea.

BTW, Maarten, do you plan to put coordinates? For my pictures of the
Netherlands I did not add the coordinates because I knew last year your
bot added them. For Belgium, I was not sure and added the coordinates. I
am also planning to add pictures of some other countries, so that it
would be good to know if the coordinates sometime will be added by bot.

Cheers
Yaroslav