[Wiki Loves Monuments] first day to total uploads ratio

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 12:43:30 UTC 2012

On 02.09.2012 14:08, Peter Ekman wrote:
> It's fairly important to estimate the total uploads so that we can
> mobilize the right number of people for tasks such as reviewing the
> pix, placing them in the lists, and pre-jury screening.  So far I've
> been using the standard scientific method of pulling a number out of
> my wazoo ("US is almost as big as Europe ==> 100,000")

It's difficult to make a comparison because we had only two days of
contest and because the number of countries is higher than last year.

In addition last year it was the first time of a larger participation,
so the users experienced the event and they were able to understand the
rules. So I suppose that a lot of participants had kept the images in
their hard-disks waiting WLM.

For instance I took a lot of photos before September and wait WLM to
upload them.

Anyway don't wait a small number of photos. I think that over a specific
level "more than thousand" doesn't make a difference.

--
Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH