[Wiki Loves Monuments] Uploader stats

Erik Zachte ezachte at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 8 15:14:22 UTC 2012

Jane,

Wikimedia turns first letter of name always to uppercase

You can see this when you look at
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:jane023
it redirects to
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jane023

This might be on presentation level, so I scanned for jane023 in dump file
http://dumps.wikimedia.org/commonswiki/20121001/commonswiki-20121001-stub-ar
ticles.xml.gz
It only occurs in a few comments,
all xml tags are <username>Jane023</username>

Platonides,

Out of curiosity, where did you find lowercase 'jane023' ?
In a log file?

Erik Zachte