[Wiki Loves Monuments] Uploader stats

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:05:00 UTC 2012

On 08/10/12 17:14, Erik Zachte wrote:
> Jane,
>
> Wikimedia turns first letter of name always to uppercase
>
> Platonides,
>
> Out of curiosity, where did you find lowercase 'jane023' ?
> In a log file?
>
> Erik Zachte

I parse the author field. If someone provides as author
"[[User:Jane023|Jane Darnell]]", I keep 'Jane Darnell' for display and
the associated user id for identification.

In this case, jane023 came from either [[User:Jane023|jane023]] or
[[User:jane023]]. I just grepped for the different names used in Jane
uploads.

There are of course much more different entries, where you wouldn't
associate the username to the real name. A common error was for users to
upload, then change the username to their real name at both sides of the
pipe, not only changing how it is shown but also the user at which it
points to (in some cases pointing to a different user!).

Regards