[Wiki Loves Monuments] Feedback for survey questions

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:23:22 UTC 2012

Hi Tomasz

I wasn't aware of previous surveys to WLM participants, I was thinking of
previous surveys of Wikipedians and Wikimedians. One key finding has been
that people volunteer because they enjoy doing so, and that it is the most
important motive for our community.

As for survey length, I wouldn't be too concerned about the length as long
as the questions are interesting and relevant to the participants, and
crucially they don't have to put the survey on hold and ask someone else
before answering a particular question (I didn't spot such problems in your
survey but generally the longer a survey the greater the risk that someone
asks such a question).

WSC