[Wiki Loves Monuments] Feedback for survey questions

Tomasz W. Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:13:31 UTC 2012

(Note: this is a general answer to both Els's and WSC's comments.)

@Els: I think that this is a good idea to change the second answer
into the one you suggested, so I went ahead and did so (it now reads:
"I took the pictures between October 2011 and August 2012").

I also agree with your other suggestion (and I think it was also
brought up by Jane, too) of adding the willingness-to-share option, so
we now have 5 possible answers for Q9 (+ an "Other" option).

While preparing this survey, I've been reading some great survey tips
from a Harvard University researched, David S. Walonick, who suggested
that you should not present people with more than 5 choices for an
answer, because it makes the survey/questionnaire too long and boring
for the respondents, and I would like to stick to that suggestion. (It
was also he who suggested to include a confidentiality/anonimity
policy that I wrote down in the introduction.)

I am not sure how you know that "It was fun!" was a major motive that
people chose in our previous survey(s), because I can't remember the
2011 survey results ever being published publicly (due to us not
having the manpower to work on them). Perhaps you were talking about
different surveys that I don't know about?

I am also not sure if asking people questions about placing the images
on Wikipedia or using the Quality images process actually fits in the
scope of this survey; this is a hard-core Wikipedian's job, and I
doubt that the new users we try to reach with this survey even know
how to place an image into an article, or what a Quality image is.

Question Y is included in our survey as Q15, and as for Question Z, I
don't think that this survey is the right place to ask it. We might do
so, but I would very, very much like us to limit ourselves to 20
questions; the survey cannot be too long, and it's already much longer
than the one we used last year.

In any case, thanks a lot for your comments; I appreaciate them very much.

--
Tomasz W. Kozłowski
a.k.a. [[user:odder]]