[Wiki Loves Monuments] Feedback for survey questions

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:15:47 UTC 2012

Good survey, I especially liked how you reassured people as to what you'd
use their information for and that you only asked them their year of
birth.  I hope you don't mind but I've forwarded this to the rest of the
research committee and I hope that we will get more feedback from them.

Q9 needs an "It was fun!" option because previous surveys have found this
to be one of the most common motives of our volunteers. I'd also suggest an
option of "I'm proud of my photos and wanted others to see and use them",
plus Els' suggestion which maybe could be worded as "I wanted to document
the heritage of my area".

May I suggest you add questions to find out whether people have used these
photos in Wikipedia, whether they have used the Quality featured process
and what other topic areas they might be interested in participating in.
You could word these as

Question W Have you added any of the photos you took to Wikipedia?

1 Yes
2 No, the monument I photographed doesn't have an article on Wikipedia
3 No, the Monuments I photographed already have pictures in their Wikipedia
article.
4 No, I'm not sure how to do that.
5 No, not yet but I might in future.

Question X Have you submitted any photographs for consideration as Featured
or Quality images in Wikimedia Commons?

1 Yes
2 No, I don't know about those processes
3 No, My camera isn't good enough to create that quality of photograph
4 No, I don't think any of my photographs are up to those standards
5 No, not yet but I might in future.

Question Y Will you take part in Wikimedia loves Monuments in September
2013?

1 Yes
2 No, not unless there are more monuments designated near me.
3 Not sure.

Question Z If we ran other similar competitons would you be likely to
participate?

1 Wiki loves biology - taking photos of every species of life on earth -
Yes/No/Maybe
2 Wiki loves geography - taking photos of every river, beach, waterfall,
mountain or other natural feature - Yes/No/Maybe
3 "Photos for Wikipedia" a contest to add relevant useful photographs to
illustrate Wikipedia articles that don't currently have images Yes/No/Maybe

WSC