[Wiki Loves Monuments] Long term

Roel Balingit roel.balingit at wikimedia.org.ph
Mon Nov 5 02:03:57 UTC 2012

If I may just provide input, at the height of Wiki Loves Monuments
Philippines, we received a phone call from Natural Wonders Foundation
(Philippines) about a proposal that they would like to launch a similar
project like Wiki Loves Monuments, in this case featuring the natural
beauty of the country. I informed them that we are very interested about
it, we may just need to discuss it after WLM international has completely
wrapped-up, by then we would have finished our documentation. Though in the
hindsight we are looking at Cultural mapping activities, because unlike
most countries, heritage is often neglected in our country, so we better
start going around photographing and documenting it.

Roel
WLMPH

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Ilario Valdelli <valdelli at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04.11.2012 15:39, Jane Darnell wrote:
>

>> I agree WLM doesn't fit in GLAM as GLAM is now, and the heritage
>> organizations are mostly government sponsored groups who live, work and act
>> completely differently than institutions in the GLAM world (the name says
>> it all). Monuments people are field workers, they like to go outside, look
>> at buildings and places, ask questions, and (most important of all) are not
>> scared of meetups.
>>

> WLM doesn't fit in GLAM because WLM is a well defined format with specific
> objectives and the organization is easy because people can take 12 or 6 or
> 3 months to organize it because the format is basically the same.
>
> WLM is a good example to organize an event coordinating several
> organizations because the formula is clear.
>
> GLAM at the moment is a "quid" that may change every time and in every
> context. For this reason it seems that GLAM can include WLM.
>
> --
> Ilario Valdelli
> Wikimedia CH
> Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> Association pour l’avancement des connaissances libre
> Associazione per il sostegno alla conoscenza libera
> Switzerland - 8008 Zürich
> Tel: +41764821371
> http://www.wikimedia.ch

*ROEL BALINGIT*
*Treasurer*
*WIKIMEDIA PHILIPPINES*
*G/F Gervacia Center, 152 Amorsolo Street, Legaspi Village, 1229 Makati City
*
*T: +63-2-8123277  | F: +63-2-8127177 | M: +63-917-8807635 *
*W: **www.wikimedia.org.ph | E: roel.balingit at wikimedia.org.ph*