[Wiki Loves Monuments] Long term

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 22:15:14 UTC 2012

On 04.11.2012 15:39, Jane Darnell wrote:

> I agree WLM doesn't fit in GLAM as GLAM is now, and the heritage
> organizations are mostly government sponsored groups who live, work
> and act completely differently than institutions in the GLAM world
> (the name says it all). Monuments people are field workers, they like
> to go outside, look at buildings and places, ask questions, and (most
> important of all) are not scared of meetups.

WLM doesn't fit in GLAM because WLM is a well defined format with
specific objectives and the organization is easy because people can take
12 or 6 or 3 months to organize it because the format is basically the same.

WLM is a good example to organize an event coordinating several
organizations because the formula is clear.

GLAM at the moment is a "quid" that may change every time and in every
context. For this reason it seems that GLAM can include WLM.

--
Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH