[Wiki Loves Monuments] Community voting and jury process.

Matthew Roth mroth at wikimedia.org
Sun Jul 29 20:39:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,
Per Lodewijk's suggestion, I'm bringing this to the larger list.

WLM-US organizers have been discussing the value of setting up a community
voting process on-wiki for the initial selection of the top 500 or so
photos in the WLM-US pool, which we will then send to the judges (though
we're thinking it would be wise to have the judges also surface photos they
like  that don't make the top 500). Can anyone on this list (particularly
Russian organizers) give us feedback on what works well and what does not
work well?

Did you reach out to Commons contributors who had helped with any of the
Featured Picture selection or Picture of the Year voting for feedback? A
few of those people we've identified live in the U.S., so we're going to
reach out to the relevant individuals. We've also been discussing how to
incorporate the WikiProject on English WP that deals with our monuments
(WP:NRHP) to try to get help from them. We're thinking of it as a group of
ambassadors or captains who can help us alleviate some of the challenge for
the jury of sorting thousands of photos.

Any feedback would be very welcome.

thanks,
Matthew