[Wiki Loves Monuments] Need some French help

Maarten Dammers maarten at mdammers.nl
Sat Jul 28 11:39:35 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm working on the monuments database and I ran into some problems for
France. I have 43608 items in the database of which 11752 items have as
municipality 'non'.  This is caused by the variable "commune" which is
both in the row as in the header template. Could someone please change
this at
https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mod%C3%A8le:En-t%C3%AAte_de_tableau_MH&action=edit
to French equivalent of "hide_municipality"? I can have my bot rename
the variable, that's pretty straightforward. That will clear the way for
the next step.

For easy navigation in the mobile app we are including local information
for sources. This was already done for a lot of countries, but not for
France yet. If it's setup you can browse: France -> Midi-Pyrénées ->
Haute-Garonne -> Toulouse (I left out the arrondissement step).
For this to work we need to include some information in the header
templates. This is not shown to the user, just used for this navigation.
For the top levels we use ISO 3166 codes, for France that is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:FR . For
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_monuments_historiques_de_Toulouse this
would be something like:
{{En-tête de tableau
MH|région_iso=fr-n|département_iso=fr-31|commune=[[Toulouse]]}}

Are région_iso and département_iso good names or should it be something
different? Who wants to help to get this working for France?

Maarten