[Wiki Loves Monuments] Where to do a Wiki Takes?

Maarten Dammers maarten at mdammers.nl
Mon Jul 2 16:08:26 UTC 2012

Hi Platonides,

Op 28-6-2012 0:38, Platonides schreef:
> On 28/06/12 00:18, Santiago Navarro Sanz wrote:
>> I don't know the table has been done, but there are some Iberian cities
>> with more than 200 monuments. For example, Ciutadella in Balearic
>> Islands has 216 [1], Sabadell 214 [2], Terrassa 223 [3], Tarragona 226
>> [4], Vic 218 [5], Girona more than 400 [6], Olot mora than 200,[7]
>> Barcelona with more than 700 [8]  and Figueres, Tortosa, Reus and sant
>> Feliu de Llobregat in Catalonia. Cartagena more than 200 [9], Madrid the
>> same or Bilbao more than 300, etc. Yes, Bilbao or Cartagena have not yet
>> all monuments listed on Wikipedia.
> Seems we miss "some" monuments in our lists...
>   +-------------------------+---------------------+
>   | Barcelona               |                 915 |
>   | Sant Feliu de Llobregat |                 174 |
>   | Madrid                  |                 156 |
>   | Girona                  |                  23 |
>   | Tortosa                 |                  21 |
>   | Tarragona               |                  17 |
>   | Vic                     |                   9 |
>   | Olot                    |                   7 |
>   | Terrassa                |                   5 |
>   | Sabadell                |                   4 |
>   | Figueres                |                   4 |
>   | Reus                    |                   4 |
>   +-------------------------+---------------------+
>
> We have no entries for Cartagena, Bilbao or Reus :(
>
> Oh, and those (except Madrid) were listed as being in the "es-ct
> country" instead of es, so my previous mail missed all Catalonian and
> Valèncian monuments.
> Can we change them in monuments_all to be filled as 'es'?
Don't know. Depends on how the registers are organized. How are they
organized?
> I think we should do the same thing for other "sub-countries", too
> (Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Italy).
Please don't. You would break the primary key of the database and create
a royal mess. In Belgium we have three registers, Germany dozens,
Denmark two and I don't know about Italy. Reminds me that we still have
to untangle the two registers of Sweden. Any locals on this list to help
out with that?

Maarten