[Wiki Loves Monuments] Agreement between Wikimedia Polska and National Heritage Board of Poland + update

Jane Darnell jane023 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:30:47 UTC 2011

Tomasz,
That is very cool - I like your category tree structure and I am very
impressed that you are able to keep empty categories on Commons without
having them speedily deleted! How did you do that? Also, since we said the
monument lists reside on the home wikipedia, we created a page on Commons as
a portal to all of these lists here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Lists_of_European_Monuments

The Poland page is not there yet. I assume because you made the categories
that you didn't make this page, but you could make a page containing an
overview map of the major categories that links to the categories.

Out of curiosity, now that Wikimedia Germany has over 16000 signatures for
the Unesco petition, have you considered supporting that initiative? Has
this even come up in conversations with the NHB? I noticed that the Italian
Wikipedia is advertising a big banner on their homepage this week (maybe
last week too, but I just noticed it this week).
Regards,
Jane