[Wiki Loves Monuments] copyright

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Tue Apr 26 10:13:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

lets not jump to conclusions just yet :)

I don't read the template like you do, and understand the Estonian situation
quite differently. As I understand it, there are basically two exemptions
(The Fair Use-like exemption for buildings and the 70-year-after-death
exemption) which have overlap in old buildings. The fact that the
FU-exemption does not specify the 70 year one does not invalidate the
out-of-copyright situation. And then even this is all based on
Commons-templates, which are user generated, not necessarily by experts and
simplified to make it easier to understand.

Best regards,

Lodewijk