[Translators-l] Tech News translators: dates in recurring items

Haytham Aly haytham.hammam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:58:42 UTC 2017

Hi Johan,

This idea is brilliant.

My own concern for Arabic is that there are two major ways for
displaying Gregorian month names; transliteration as well as the
Assyrian names. Usually transliterated names suffice, but I prefer using
both divided by a slash. This is due to differences in official use,
since transliterated names are used in Egypt, Sudan, Libya, Yemen, and
Gulf states; while Assyrian names are used in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon,
Jordan and Palestine. Could this automation function render both or just
the common transliterated month names? It would be a bonus to have both
displayed, though only transliterated month names would suffice.

Regards,

Haytham Abulela Aly

Freelance Translator
Creative Translation
"Creative & Confident"

Certified member of the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC) (EN>AR)
Arab Professional Translators' Society member (#10850)
Certified member at Egyptian Translators Association (EGYTA)
Registered at ProZ.com and LinkedIn.com