[Translators-l] Collaboration products newsletter ready for translation

Benoît Evellin (Trizek) bevellin at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 14 17:10:04 UTC 2016

Last call for the collaboration products (new) newsletter
* https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-
Collaboration%2FNewsletter%2FIssues%2FOctober+2016&action=page

I plan to send that newsletter on Monday. Nothing will change until then.

Thanks and have a good weekend!
Benoît

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Sylvain Chiron <chironsylvain at orange.fr>
wrote:

> Le 11/10/2016 à 16:07, Benoît Evellin (Trizek) a écrit :
> > How to define the collaboration team is not that easy because of our
> > broad scope.
> > I've added the concerned products, which may be helpful for readers.
>
> Sure. In French I can’t find a nice word that would mean ‘related to
> collaboration’ (or to ‘improvements for the sake of collaboration’).
> But I wasn’t able to find a good translation for ‘Edit Review
> Improvements’ either, and I’m not that good at English. I also think
> this language usually allows more word creation or derivative meanings.
>
> I might share some thoughts on the template talk page.
>
> >     * Your apostrophs aren’t curved…
> >
> > For the context, that's a /very/ regular discussion on French Wikipedia.
>
> Yes (I never took part in this discussion though)… Well, they’re not
> curved in the Tech News either.
> We still curve them in the translation.
>
> > What would be your suggestion? A 5 days to one week delay would help?
>
> 4 days at least, 5 would be fine. Actually you should probably alert us
> before the newsletter is ready, so that we can start if we want to, and
> you can still add updated information during a few days.
> Let’s say:
> * tell us 4 or 3 days before the newsletter is frozen;
> * send it 3 or 4 days after it has been frozen.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Sylvain

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)