[Translators-l] Free Bassel waiting for translation (high priority page)

vassia atanassova vassia.atanassova at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 06:05:44 UTC 2015

Hello, Tomasz,
I have taken to heart the story for Bassel's disappreaing and in October
translated WMF blog publication for our Bulgarian blog.
https://blog.wikimedia.bg/2015/10/11/freebassel/
Is it okay to have the link placed somewhere in the translated banner, or
there is better place it can appear.
Vassia

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Tomasz W. Kozlowski <tomasz at twkozlowski.com
> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> it’s been a while.
>
> Today I'm requesting translation of the page [[Free Bassel]], which is to
> be the landing page linked from a CentralNotice banner campaign informing
> our readers about the dire situation of Bassel Khartabil, a fellow
> Wikipedia volunteer and open source software developer who might be facing
> death penalty imposed by the Syrian government.
>
> Please kindly take some time to translate the page; in my notification set
> just a while ago on Meta-Wiki, I set 30 November as the deadline for the
> translation, but really do hope the page might be translated earlier than
> that, as Bassel's situation really is of the utmost urgency.
>
> There is also the text of the banner waiting to be translated at <
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Banner:Free_Bassel>, so your help is
> needed in that too.
>
> For the moment, Arabic, French, Spanish, Portuguese and German are
> languages of top priority for us given their usage by the United Nations
> and their popularity in the world, but translations into any other language
> are of course also welcome.  I know the Ukrainian, Russian and Japanese
> translators (and others!) also like to see pages translated into their
> languages, so please do work on this, too, if you’ve got some time to spare.
>
> Comments, questions and suggestions are welcome at [[Talk:Banner:Free
> Bassel]].
>
> Thank you so much in advance for your work on this,
>
> Tomasz W. Kozlowski
> a.k.a. [[user:odder]]

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share the sum of all
knowledge.
Help us make it a reality!  http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate