[Translators-l] Free Bassel waiting for translation (high priority page)

Tomasz W. Kozlowski tomasz at twkozlowski.com
Wed Nov 25 05:17:25 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,
it’s been a while.

Today I'm requesting translation of the page [[Free Bassel]], which is to be the landing page linked from a CentralNotice banner campaign informing our readers about the dire situation of Bassel Khartabil, a fellow Wikipedia volunteer and open source software developer who might be facing death penalty imposed by the Syrian government.

Please kindly take some time to translate the page; in my notification set just a while ago on Meta-Wiki, I set 30 November as the deadline for the translation, but really do hope the page might be translated earlier than that, as Bassel's situation really is of the utmost urgency.

There is also the text of the banner waiting to be translated at <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Banner:Free_Bassel>, so your help is needed in that too.

For the moment, Arabic, French, Spanish, Portuguese and German are languages of top priority for us given their usage by the United Nations and their popularity in the world, but translations into any other language are of course also welcome.  I know the Ukrainian, Russian and Japanese translators (and others!) also like to see pages translated into their languages, so please do work on this, too, if you’ve got some time to spare.

Comments, questions and suggestions are welcome at [[Talk:Banner:Free Bassel]].

Thank you so much in advance for your work on this,

Tomasz W. Kozlowski
a.k.a. [[user:odder]]