[Translators-l] Help translate Thank You email from WMF's new ED

Takashi OTA supertakot+translators at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 03:01:06 UTC 2014

One more thing,

| Akshaya Iyengar from Solapur, India.
| Growing up in this small textile manufacturing town,

Is Solapur mentioned here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solapur ?
Or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solapur_district ?

Anyway, City of Solapur itself has more than 1 million population in
total, including both city and rural area.
http://solapur.gov.in/htmldocs/demog.pdf
(I also supposed that this "Solapur" is another small city somewhere in
India which shares the same name,
but after some Googling surveys, that idea was rejected.)
I will not argue whether Solapur is big or small.
She said so, that is that.
http://bit.ly/rwjh9p

Instead, I wonder if we should keep in mind that this "small town" is a
town somewhere in Solapur, not City of Solapur itself.

--Takashi [[U:Takot]]