[Translators-l] Help translate Thank You email from WMF's new ED

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:58:28 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Jessica Robell <jrobell at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> matching gift program", I have updated the variable in the translation
> extension, hopefully this makes it clearer.

Not really, I would say. Seeing “[#corporate matching gifts corporate
matching gift program]” makes me puzzle where the variable name ends. After
a while I am able to figure it out, but I believe using something obvious
like “[#corporate-matching-gifts corporate matching gift program]” (or any
short identifier like “[#matchinggifts corporate matching gift program]”)
would be better. (And, wasn’t “$variable” a common syntax for translation
variables, instead of “#variable”?)

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]