[Translators-l] Help translate Thank You email from WMF's new ED

Jessica Robell jrobell at wikimedia.org
Tue Jun 10 08:58:52 UTC 2014

Hi Takashi,

I appreciate your feedback on this. We have been corresponding with Akshaya
who has been helping us put together the text. As you pointed out, how you
define 'small' depends on who you are and what you are comparing to.
Akshaya referred to Solapur as small.

Thank you very much for your help translating the letter.

Kind regards,

Jessica

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 5:01 AM, Takashi OTA <
supertakot+translators at gmail.com> wrote:

> One more thing,
>
> | Akshaya Iyengar from Solapur, India.
> | Growing up in this small textile manufacturing town,
>
> Is Solapur mentioned here
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solapur ?
> Or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solapur_district ?
>
> Anyway, City of Solapur itself has more than 1 million population in
> total, including both city and rural area.
> http://solapur.gov.in/htmldocs/demog.pdf
> (I also supposed that this "Solapur" is another small city somewhere in
> India which shares the same name,
> but after some Googling surveys, that idea was rejected.)
> I will not argue whether Solapur is big or small.
> She said so, that is that.
> http://bit.ly/rwjh9p
>
> Instead, I wonder if we should keep in mind that this "small town" is a
> town somewhere in Solapur, not City of Solapur itself.
>
> --Takashi [[U:Takot]]

Jessica Robell

Global Fundraising Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation