[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech news summary #27

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Sun Jun 30 12:06:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Siebrand Mazeland
<s.mazeland at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I want to give a big compliment for the Tech news summary initiative. It's
> even useful to me, and I'm involved full time in Wikimedia tech.

Thanks :) That's great to hear.

> I'm also very impressed by the level of care that appears to be given to
> the tagging by Guillaume. Using tvar where possible, no unnecessary
> markup.

To be fair, credit must be shared with Tomasz / odder, who often does
this as well. He's the one who marked the latest issue for translation
:)

> Stay tuned for more news on the translation features front. We're aiming
> for creating an awesome tool for the translation of main namespace pages
> of Wikipedias once we're done with deploying UniversalLanguageSelector on
> the Wikimedia Language Engineering team.

Anything that can make the work of translators easier will be much
welcome. Thank you!

--
Guillaume Paumier