[Translators-l] Ready for translation: Tech news summary #23, distributed tomorrow

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 10 21:56:37 UTC 2013

Your short window of 24 hours will never be workable (or it will simply
exclude most translators that cannot be tied to this very strict schedule)
it is even worse than the 3 days delay we have now (which is in fact
already shorter, due to the time needed just to receive the notification :
I've already received notifications for announcements that were supposed to
occur 3 days later, but whose deadline was already passed since a few hours
!).

After all these weekly updates come after weeks (if not months) of
developments and testings, and these translations should be announced and
prepared long before, during the development, so that these translations
would be ready long before the weekly updates announcements.
In other words, we should ask to developers to request translations before,
even if this is just for an early beta and that some translations will
change several times, but at least the essential would be ready with less
to translate for the last phase before launch.