[Translators-l] Translation request: CentralNotice with last call for FDC nominations

Tilman Bayer tbayer at wikimedia.org
Mon Aug 13 15:05:25 UTC 2012

And *of course* it turns out that while ‍ works fine in Chrome,
Firefox and Opera, it looks a bit weird in IE. I'm replacing it by a
  for now; although there may be better suggestions.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Benjamin Chen <cnchenminqi at gmail.com> wrote:
> ‍ means zero-width joiner. You can read more about it on
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-width_joiner
>
> (un-official answer:) At least I don't use it in my language, not even the
> dollar sign. Feel free to localise it (e.g. use localised currency or leave
> it as USD) It's a reminder, not a formal document so I believe conveying the
> message is more important than the accuracy of amount of money we have.
Right. It's a ballpark figure in any case, I believe the exact number
is expected to be closer to $11 million.

> Best regards,
> [[User:Bencmq]] / Benjamin Chen
>

> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Eleri James <elerijms at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Query on message "Help decide about more than $‍10 million of
>> Wikimedia donations"
>>
>> How is "$‍10 million" rendered? If it appears with a localised
>> currency symbol, does the computer know how to convert $10 to the local
>> currency?
>>
>> Eleri James

Tilman Bayer
Senior Operations Analyst (Movement Communications)
Wikimedia Foundation
IRC (Freenode): HaeB