[Translators-l] Translation request: CentralNotice with last call for FDC nominations

Eleri James elerijms at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 13 20:03:55 UTC 2012

Personally, I am most interested in being notified of central notices that are going to appear on all wikis in my language. I would find it useful if the fact of there being a central notice (or fundraising material) to be translated is highlighted in the notification system, either by e-mail or on a talk page. Then I can choose to skip most of the other material for translation.

Also, I expect that once this system has settled down, we will get more than a few hours' notice of central notices to be published.  It was pure luck that I happened to read the e-mail below today and had the opportunity to translate and arrange for a proofreader.  2-4 weeks notice is more realistic in the long term.

I appreciate the inclusion of a link to the translation page in the central notice - this saves a lot of aggravation.

Eleri James