[Translators-l] Important translation request - March 2011 WMF update

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 11 07:28:01 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Today the Wikimedia Foundation released a broad statement to the
community about the recently completed editor trends study and our
general priorities for the calendar year. The intent here is to
stimulate conversation about this data, and to provide clearer
insights into our immediate priorities following the strategic plan
release.

This statement is transmitted via a CentralNotice banner[1] and a
letter on strategy.wikimedia.org. [2] We’ve put up a translation
request for the banner and the letter, and will not immediately be
rolling out the English messages on projects other than English, in
order to give you all (and anyone else interested) a chance to
translate. We'll slot in translated notices as they become available.

This is an important message and we hope you'll help. :-)

1. http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CentralNotice/March_2011_Update
2. http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/March_2011_Update

Thanks,
Erik