[Translators-l] many costly analyse the function phone call.

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:13:06 UTC 2008

From personal experience I would say that its quite hard for 1) as a
translator to guess at points where does a given sentence go, and what do
the numerous "$1" become in use 2) as a visitor to a site using the
translation to report or just know how and what to do to make the
translation better.
I think a solution like that of Facebook might be good: if you enable it in
the settings you would have a link in the corner that would say "translate"
you could click on anything on that given page and either provide the
translation for it, or review the translated version and the attached
comments (which then would have to be sent to TranslateWiki somehow).
Otherwise its quite tiresome for the end-user to go and find the actual
sentence again on TWiki (as the search doesn't search in the MediaWiki
namespace by default), and than make the change (or be turned away by fear
of disrupting something, after seeing the dollar signs for the included
sub-messages).

Regards,
Bence Damokos