[Translators-l] many costly analyse the function phone call.

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:05:46 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> 2008/8/2 Anders Wegge Jakobsen <wegge at wegge.dk>:
>>  I will continue pointing out those hilarious examples of
>> worse-than-none translations that ensues from the naive thought that
>> anyone will ever proofread a translation, when it has first been
>> marked as translated.
>
> Perhaps it would be possible to add basic validation functionality
> (not necessarily something as sophisticated as FlaggedRevs) to
> TranslateWiki?

If it is, it is more than great I think. See also the thread about
http://jp.librarything.com
where they provide the registered users the way to evaluate the
current version, not only the opportunity to submit the alternative.

If the entire site has a feature to recommend an alternative to system
messages (since it is read-only for most visitors anyway), like Google
Translator gives its visitors, I think it better from the point of
proofreading, but not sure it is balanced with the other aspect &
workload.

>Then the quality of a translation could be ranked by
> the number of people who have looked at and validated it.
>
> --
> Erik Möller
> Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation

KIZU Naoko