[Translators-l] [WMF website] outdated pages will be turned into redirect

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 12:54:37 UTC 2006

Hello all,
as consequence of with a recent discussion on Communications Committee
mailinglist (archive is closed), we are going to have a new guideline
about the Foundation website maintenance.
http://wikimediafoundation.org/

That is, if we find a translation page too much outdated *and* there
is no volunteering translator around, we will turn it into the
redirect to the originals, possibly to the English version.

Current candidates are:
* most of Korean pages (not updated since 2004) except Home page, including
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/%EC%9C%84%ED%82%A4%EB%AF%B8%EB%94%94%EC%95%84_%EC%9E%AC%EB%8B%A8
* most of Finnish pages except Home page, including
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Tietoja_Wikimediasta
* some German pages including
** Kuratorium (De version of Board of Trustees)
** Benefactors/De

See the website and consider if you would like to help updating.

After a long consideration, we reached that conclusion would be the
best for now. Since we think it would be better to lead the visitors
to the latest content even in a foreign language than to offer them
totally outdated pages (and mislead them).  Transcom will continue to
seek translators for those pages, of course, but it is not sure
whenever translations of particular langauges will be available.
Therefore we are going to remove outdated materials. Anyone who would
like to revive those once existant page(s) will be welcome, and they
can restart those pages on meta ([[m:TR/WMF]] subpages).

Cheers,
--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org