[Translators-l] [WMF website] outdated pages will be turned into redirect

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 09:14:04 UTC 2006

Hello all,
as I noticed you last week, today I turned some pages on the Wikimedia
Foundation website into redirect to equivalent English pages.

I found one horrible think during my work, for compensation I would
like you to help.  In several languages Foundation was said "except a
part time server administrator, employs no staff" ...

The pages turned to redirect were
*About
**Ko, Fr, It, De (see the above)
*Board of Trustees
**Ko, It, De (failed to reflect the recent change)
*Our projects
**Nl

I left Finnish "About" page for now, since Mzlla of Finnish Wikisource
is willing to save this page and offered a help. Mzlla, do you think
we have its new version at the end of this month?

I am discouraged by myself to turn Fr and other "About" pages updated
in the last year into redirect, while its falsehood was apparent,
other parts seem to be acceptable for me, even not accurate
completely. However, I thought falsehood about expense cannot be
compensated with any other virtue specially in this kind of
introductory document, and finally decide to turn them into redirect
to the original/En version. I long for help from those language
translators.

As for "About" language pages, I need to say no other language is
perfectly synched to the English version. Help needed to update Nl,
Ja, Tr and Zh versions.
Dutch version lacks mention to the Dutch chapter for example ... we
would like to keep the page as accurate as possible, or not? So,
"About" will be soon listed on TR in a high priority.

All pages can be restored with your translation on meta. Please visit
[[m:TR/WMF]] and jump in the working place(s).
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/TR/WMF

There are other WMF site related requests on meta currently. "Current
staff" and "News-en". Your help will be welcome.

Cheers,

On 10/9/06, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> as consequence of with a recent discussion on Communications Committee
> mailinglist (archive is closed), we are going to have a new guideline
> about the Foundation website maintenance.
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/

For further information, see its recentchanges.
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Special:Recentchanges

It is our first step of overhaul and there may be several other pages
we need to examine.

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org