[Translators-l] Wikimania translation update
aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 05:05:11 UTC 2006
Here is Wikimania translation update / 4th week of March
== General ==
* Translation of CfP are being translated on meta
* Translation of CfP announcement was updated, translated and
distributed to local projects and mailinglists.
* Stuffs need to translate and their status are now found at the
website. See http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Translations
== CfP translation ==
* Translation of CfP is now in its last stage. Quite few language
versions, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Japanese are waiting for
proofreading. You can help to review it and join in last minute
* German translation is going on. If you speak German, you may want to
join and work with Martin ;-)
* French translators are being called for. Everyone can start the page
* Wouldn't you like to have CfP in your own language? Create your lang
version or contact User:Aphaia or User@:Sj on meta.
== Main Page translation ==
* Translation coordinators are now trying to make sure if it is
already ready to translate. It will be not afar from now that
Wikimania main page is available in many languages.
== Editorial ==
Have you thought if not only content, but also administrative
documents like CfP could be helpful to recruit new editors?
A Japanese Editor, Mr. Ota has recently confessed it was the CfP in
his own language that had made him to attend last year conference -
Wikimania 2005. Now he is known one of most active contributors on
wikija-l mailinglist, and enjoying Wikimania translation on meta.
Translation is not always remarkable parts of our activities, and
hardly recognized. But it doesn't mean no result come forth from it.
As for recognition, we can remind a Chinese legend; a Chinese king
walked around in one day, and he met an old man who tapped his own
berry, satisfying meals. The old man said to the king he has no
interest at what the king did at all. The king was very pleased - he
thought, if he would have governed the kingdom wrongly, then the merry
old man should have concerned with his king and what he had done and
would do. The better work, the less concious - like air to the living.
Wikimania 2006 Translators' team
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com
More information about the Translators-l