[Mediawiki-i18n] A localisation update and the CLDR

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 06:46:41 UTC 2012

Hoi,
As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation decided to change its code
repository system. They replaced Subversion or SVN with GIT. As a
consequence the pipeline of moving localisations from
translatewiki.netinto GIT has been broken. The good news is that for a
first time it has
been possible to move localisations from translatewiki for the MediaWiki
core messages manually. We expect that this will happen in an automated way
in the next week. The LocalisationUpdate is said to be functional and
consequently we expect that certainly by Wednesday updates will be
noticeable.

Let us hope that it will not take much longer for the extension messages to
reach their destination.

It is that time again, the CLDR or the Common Locale Data Repository is
open for updates and new data. As you know, MediaWiki relies on correct
data from this source. Sadly many language we support are not supported in
the CLDR. We also know that there is data that should change because it is
wrong. We have started a page [1] explaining what we are looking for from
you.

So our question to you is to read the instructions and do what is necessary
for your language. Please let us know[1] if the content is complete or
incomplete and please let us know your experience when you want to change
the data.
Thanks,
     Gerard

http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Language_support_team/CLDR-2012