[Mediawiki-i18n] A localisation update and the CLDR

Stacey Borsody stacey.borsody at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 19:38:57 UTC 2012

Thanks for the information.  I had looked at the beta Survey Tool earlier and saw there was no way to add new locales.  CLDR looks like a great tool, but the CLDR process seems like it does take a bit of time to learn.  It feels like it somewhat defeats the goal of getting in-country scholars and other experts involved, especially when we're talking about small languages.  Those experts are not necessarily "computer people", which leads once again to update and review by non-expert proxy.  That being said, I'll see what I can do.

Stacey