[Wiki Loves Monuments] [WLM announce] UNESCO list vs National list

Lily lilyofthewest.wikimedia at gmail.com
Wed May 31 04:38:07 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Apologies for my delay in chiming in here. Better late than never I guess.
:)

I agree with Vira in that you should feel free to expand your country-level
list with other "official" lists. What is considered official can be
something that we need to discuss and if you're in doubt, I do recommend
you reach out to us in wikilovesmonuments public list. In this specific
case, UNESCO's list for Ghana can be considered an official list without
much discussion, so yes, please go ahead and add them to your national
contest if you choose to.

At the expense of stating the obvious: if you don't list the monuments in
the UNESCO list as part of your "eligible" list of monuments, those
monuments will technically not be considered eligible to participate in the
international level contest. So if you want your participants to take a
photo of them and compete for the international contest, please include
them officially as part of your lists. :)

Best,
Lily

User: LilyOfTheWest