[Wiki Loves Monuments] Follow up on meetup questions

André Costa andre.costa at wikimedia.se
Sat Aug 12 04:42:21 UTC 2017

(This is a follow-up to some questions that were asked during hte Wiki
Loves meetup at Wikimania)

== Mass contacting participants (or a subset of participants) ==
There are two methods I know for contacting the contributors to a
competition:
* MassMessage <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MassMessage> allows messages
to be sent out to the talk pages of a list of users.
* Massenmail
<https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Technik/Skin/Benutzerskripte/massenmail/en>
a short javascript by DerHexer to send mass messages using the "email this
user" function. It adds a button to the sidebar Tools section which
triggers an interface where you enter the list of users, a topic, content
and if you want a copy.

== Wikidata Migration ==
For teams interesting in mapping their data to Wikidata the starting point
is Wikidata:WikiProject_WLM/Status
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_WLM/Status>. Click on
the link for your country in the "maping tables" column (@Deror that is
il_(he)
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_WLM/Mapping_tables/il_(he)>
for you) to start mapping. See e.g. the mapping for Iran
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_WLM/Mapping_tables/ir_(fa)>
as an example or give me a shout if you have any questions.

If your data is already on Wikidata then please also take a look in the
table to make sure we are aware of it.
André Costa | Senior Developer, Wikimedia Sverige | Andre.Costa at wikimedia.se
| +46 (0)733-964574

Stöd fri kunskap, bli medlem i Wikimedia Sverige.
Läs mer på blimedlem.wikimedia.se