[Wiki Loves Monuments] how to label photos that won't be part of the competition

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Mon Sep 26 15:28:06 UTC 2016

On 26.09.2016 17:16, Lily wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing this email in my capacity as a WLM-IR organizer.
>
> In Iran's organizing team, bunch of us would like to upload monuments
> photos as part of WLM and during the competition, but we don't want
> the photos to be included in the competition (they should not go
> through the jury process as they're not eligible for being in the top
> 10 and/or winning awards).
>
> My question is: If you've had experience with this situation in the
> past, how have you handled it from the technical point of view and
> during the jury process? Have you used a specific category and then
> excluded the photos in that category from the jury process, for
> example? Any hint is appreciated. :)
>
> Thanks,
> Leila, on behalf of WLM-IR organizing team
>
> --

Hi Leila,

it probably depends on what you call "excluded from the competition". In
my experience, in most cases juries in the first step handle all the
submitted pictures and filter out pictures which have zero chance of
winning. This also includes pictures which are not eligible. Whether one
should then remove the WLM template from the pistures, I think, it is up
to the country organizers (and if you decide that the templates should
be removed, a dedicated category is the best choice).

Cheers
Yaroslav