[Wiki Loves Monuments] Jury tool options

Lily lilyofthewest.wikimedia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 03:33:10 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We’d like to share some more information about the jury tool options
available to you during this year’s Wiki Loves Monuments contest.

The national competitions typically set up their own jury process. If the
number of pictures submitted to a local contest is small (less than 500)
you could probably go through your jury process manually, but especially if
you have more pictures, some jury tool would be helpful. While all existing
tools have proven useful for several countries over several years, the
international team would like to particularly draw your attention on two
tools, that will be given a certain level of support from the international
team: Montage (currently being developed) and the WLX tool (commonly used
in the past WLM contest as well as WLE).

Normally, this jury process starts only after the end of the contest in
each country (September 30th in the majority of participating countries) to
give every photo an equal opportunity. However, we understand that some
countries with a particularly large number of submissions prefer to start
the jury process already in September - while the contest is taking place
in their country. If you are the jury coordinator for one of these
countries, we recommend that you use the WLX tool (contact Ilya cc-ed to
request an instance to be set up for your country), or reach out to one of
the developers for the other jury tools listed here
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Jury_tools> to ask for help
with early launch of your jury process.

For all other countries: We recommend that you wait until September 24 to
make a decision about which jury tool to use. This timeline will allow the
tool developers for at least two tools that are actively being
developed/improved, Montage and WLX, to bring the tools to their latest
stage (resolving as many bugs as possible, improving the UI, etc.). It will
also allow you to review demos of these tools and make a decision about
which tool you want to proceed with.

If you have any questions about the jury tools, please don’t hesitate to
reach out to us.

Best,

Leila, on behalf of the WLM international team

PS: If you didn’t start with putting together your jury, now is a good
time! Please reach out to me if you have any question about this.

--
User: LilyOfTheWest