[Wiki Loves Monuments] unique identifier for the monument

Juliana Monteiro julianamonteiro47 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:43:40 UTC 2016

Hello all!

Nice to see other fellows form South America and around here.

As we are started talking about the unique identifier for the monuments, I
would like to ask the group about the following situation: in Brazil we
have monuments listed by the National Institute of Cultural Heritage
Preservation, by the States and the municipalities - and sometimes, a
monument can be at the three lists at the same time, with different
numbers.

We know that the system used for the competition only accepts one number to
identifies the monument, but maybe it would be nice if it could afford the
information that a buiding is not listed only as National Cultural
Heritage, but in other levels as well (when it is the case).

For now, we are thinking about removing fromt the lists the monuments that
are repeated, i.e., when a monument is already on the national list, it
wont appear on the State list and so on. But we dont know if it is the best
thing to do.

Is there someone here in the list who has already dealt with a situation
like this? Could you share with us how you solve the problem that the
system only identifies a monument by only one number?

Best regards,

Juliana

> (starting a new thread, that way it's easier to find)
>
> the identifier of a monument usually originates from the 'authority' (the
> government, usually). There are some good examples here:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016/Lists_of_monuments
>

> If that doesn't answer your question, please let us know!
>
> Best,
> Lodewijk

>> Great!!!
>>
>> One of the questions that I need this platform to answer for us is in the
>> area of ID for monument.
>>
>> Where does the ID comes from, is it the  WLM or from the originating
>> country of the monuments.
>>
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Olaniyan Olushola
>> Director, Wikimedia UG Nigeria
>> Project Lead, Wiki Loves Women
>> Treasurer, FOSSFA
>> MD, Olbims Consulting (ERP Consultant)
>> Phone: +2348154876844|2348167352512
>> Email: olaniyanshola15 at gmail.com
>> olaniyanshola at yahoo.com
>> |treasurer at fossfa.net
>> Olushola at wikiloveswomen.org
>> User: Olaniyan Olushola

*Juliana Monteiro*
Museóloga
Analista de Preservação -- Museu da Imigração de São Paulo
Profa. curso técnico de Museologia -- ETEC Parque da Juventude

*Museologist*
*S**enior Preservation Analyst -- Immigration Museum of State of São Paulo*
*Teacher at Certification Course of Museology -- ETEC Parque da Juventude*