[Wiki Loves Monuments] 3 days left

Lily lilyofthewest.wikimedia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 00:42:48 UTC 2016

Hi all,

If you are an organizer of Wiki Loves Monuments this year, please read on!
:)

For the majority of countries participating
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016/Participating_countries#Definitely_participating_countries>
in this year's WLM, the contest will start in 3 days. :) Here are a few
tips the international team would like to share with you:

* Please make sure you register for wlm-announce
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wlm-announce> mailing list.
This is the place where we send all the important announcements local
organizers should not miss. (The is a low traffic list.)

* Make sure that you go through this todo list
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016/Organise>,
if you already haven't. Assuming that you have your monument table(s)
ready, please focus on items 3, 4, and 5.

* Item 3 in the list above needs special attention. Note that the
international team recommends that the landing page for each country
accessed via the this list
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016/Participating_countries#Definitely_participating_countries>
be
in English (You can link from there to your local language(s) page) or have
at least one section in English that can help the international people
participate.

* Consider reaching out to your local media and encourage the coverage of
the contest's launch. See our earlier post about this here
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikilovesmonuments/2016-August/008248.html>
.

* If you have questions, please use this list
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016/Who%27s_who#Need_help.3F>
to contact us. If you need immediate response, please stop by freenode IRC,
channel #wikilovesmonuments (If we are there, we'd be happy to resolve your
questions immediately.)

And last but not least, don't forget to enjoy the process, especially for
those of you helping your country participate for the first time. :)

Best,
Leila, on behalf of the WLM international team

--
User: LilyOfTheWest