[Wiki Loves Monuments] Call for suggestions for the international jury
lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Thu Aug 18 09:18:22 UTC 2016
Like every year, we need to put together a good jury for Wiki Loves
Monuments 2016. It is a complicated and delicate process to come to a
balanced jury, and I would like to outline the criteria here, and to ask
for your input. I have agreed to take the lead on this process - but would
definitely welcome your input, and help.
As in the past years, I think it is important to aim once again for a jury that
as a whole is neutral and balanced in many ways. This means ideally:
* A mix of photography experts, heritage experts and Wikimedia experts
(aiming at a total size of 7-9)
* Geographically balanced so that no two jury members come from the same
* Balance in many other ways imaginable (while at the same time, one can
never assure a balance in all aspects)
* The international jury members do not serve on a national jury for WLM
At the same time, there are some practical considerations:
* Jury members must be able to write and read English
* They must have the time to commit to judge 200-500 photos in three rounds
over a period of 3 weeks in November
* While jury members can participate in a local competition, their photos
cannot participate in the international finale
* Jury members should not participate in any national jury for 2016
(previous years is OK)
* It would be helpful if the juror would be willing to share their real
name for the jury report.
* Jury work is in a volunteer capacity.
Do you know someone who would make a good juror, please contact me
privately with the suggestion. At least let me know who the juror is, how I
could contact him/her and why they would make a good jurymember (and
whether you have reason to believe they would accept the nomination, if
I will do my best to put together once again a qualified and diverse jury,
with your help!
Thank you in advance!
(international jury coordinator, WLM 2016)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WikiLovesMonuments