[Wiki Loves Monuments] connection refused when using UploadWizard

LilyOf TheWest lilyofthewest.wikimedia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:47:16 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Some users from inside Iran have experienced problems uploading pictures
using UploadWizard. We'd like to understand if this can be a problem on the
server end and/or if this is something you've had experience with in the
past?

Here is what we have learned so far:

1) At some hours of the day the uploading works just fine, at some hours it
doesn't (and we can't figure out regularities in the hour patterns). The
tests are done using the same ISP, OS, and browser for consistency.

2) On Chrome from iOS users see this error: http://imgur.com/48kwWn2

3) When the user uses VPN, it works (but uploading with VPN is slow and
they prefer not to do it.)

Any hint is appreciated.

--
LilyOfTheWest