[Wiki Loves Monuments] Communist monuments in Ukraine

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada emijrp at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:11:56 UTC 2015

Hi all;

In the past years, monuments related to communism in Ukraine have been
damaged or destroyed. During Euromaidan protests that was increased, with
many examples of destroyed sculptures.[1]

I have heard in the news that many more monuments are going to be removed
soon by law. I know that it is a controversial topic in Ukraine, but
probably we won't be able to take pictures of these monuments anymore.

Is anyone interested on this topic?

Regards

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heritage_damaged_during_Euromaidan